Saturday 29 May 2010

Long Shot Kicked De Bucket

When I first started this I had no idea what was to come, I knew what I wanted but the way things panned out were rather different. I guess I am talking about serendipity.

ser·en·dip·i·ty (sěr'ən-dĭp'ĭ-tē)
n. pl. ser·en·dip·i·ties

The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.

The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.

An instance of making such a discovery.


[From the characters in the Persian fairy tale The Three Princes of Serendip , who made such discoveries, from Persian Sarandīp , Sri Lanka , from Arabic sarandīb .]
ser'en·dip'i·tous adj. , ser'en·dip'i·tous·ly adv.


I put my foot on the bottom step not knowing what might lay on the 10th step, the 20th step or any step that could not be seen from the beginning. I just knew to follow the path, I am still on that path albeit I've taken a few twists, turns and forks. I've suffered setbacks, humiliations, financial hardship and numerous other obstacles. I've learned to stand tall and face whatever comes without flinching, turning away or giving up. I've also found new friends, made some great personal discoveries and found great tranquility. It's been a great journey so far and there's an even bigger journey ahead.

On this blog I set out to prove that horse racing systems could beat the genuine racing tipsters and in the process I joined their clan. I became the object against which I was opposing. I am a horse racing tipster, this supposed dirty label to all who've succumbed to the downright criminal con-men, the clueless and the simply mediocre tipsters that seem to dominate this profession I find myself involved in. I offer no defence or prosecution of the racing tipster. I am who I am, they are who they are.

The afforementioned feat I set out to achieve has been accomplished. A thread called longshot kicked de bucket was started on the punter's lounge forum. If this task was to be proven then it needed to be done in public using a time-stamped medium so that there could be no-cheating or bending the rules. The measurement was to be carried out with 1 point level stakes. The daily job of putting up selections was duly carried out and is still ongoing. The results speak for themselves. Can anyone deny that 1,000+ points to 1 point level stakes in 18 months is sufficient proof that the original assignment I set myself has been completed?

I've searched all the well known genuine racing proofing resources for the evidence of the case against and I can find none so far. It therefore remains only to draw a line under this experiment and move on. I'm not 100% sure where the next steps lead, I can only believe that the direction is generally favourable, and I'm looking forwards to it. In fact there's plenty of interesting writing angles to explore from the viewpoint I presently occupy. If anyone reading this wants to have an input then please leave a comment.

As ever, stay lucky! Jb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you are ending your "experiment"? Surely you are not turning your back on a system that has produced so much profit in such little time!

May be a long shot, but the greedy guy in me (let's face it, we all have him somewhere in our psyches) would love to know how you pick your selections. Even a few clues/"filters" to get me started would be great!

Drew said...

The results are in therefore the original experiment is over. I'm starting proofing the longshots to racing index from June 1st as they use Betfair Sp to calculate results and if nothing else, to be honest they are a great marketing tool for the future and a future source of income.

You want some clues on how to move forwards? I can only suggest three things.

1: Fools rush in (been there - done that) so take small steps. Summing small steps together produces giant leaps. Start an experiment and see it through to the end - even if the conclusion isn't what was wanted or expected. Being lucky is about being open-minded and flexible, not single minded and rigid. Trusting ones instincts is the best guide.

2: The bookmakers hold the answers, study them and their patterns of behaviour.

3: It's no use finding the grail if using the grail feels uncomfortable. In other words, if you find something amazing but it takes 16 hours a day to get desired results then accept it and move on.

I know those were not the answers you are looking for and I truly understand what you wanted to hear. But what I do know is this. You have the desire and I'm sure you have some knowledge. These two things will take you a long way.

Stay lucky!